Pages

6.11.2011

something like that.





I've spent the past week of summer with some of my greatest friends.  The ones I rarely mention, yet, they are the ones who have taught me the most. This week gave me a good opportunity to take a step back and realize what life is really about.  It gave me an opportunity to remember the kind of person I am. 

This week I sat in a canoe and sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus".  This week I sat around that fire and cried with them.  This week I rolled up my sleeping bag and joked about snipes.  This week we sang and danced to Justin Beiber.  This week we hiked and talked about God and our mothers.  This week I climbed a mountain, walked a tight rope, and flew down to my cheering friends.  We laughed and cried and fought and talked and smiled and learned and grew with eachother.  Then I said, "I love you" and gave them each a hug, and I really meant it.  

Now all my clothes smell like campfire and there is dirt under my finger nails but sometimes that's just what you need.

and, maybe, I enjoyed it more than I let on.   


Climbing?  Climb on.

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment