Pages

8.03.2011

Baby I like it

This is a happy day and I figured on this happy day I should introduce you to something.  I call it, "Lindsey's 2011 box of happy!" 


It's where I store all of my little joys and laughter and receipts and people and thoughts and memories.  Then I lock them up and save them for the day that my faith slips along with my memory and I need a little extra joy.  I guess the truth is I believe, even if it's just with the smallest part of my heart, that if I hide them away in a box maybe I'll be able to keep, save, and cherish those feelings forever.  Maybe I'll be able to feel all of that joy time after time and remember how blessed I am.

Really, it's just a vain attempt at imprisoning happiness in a cardboard box in my room, but if I really could hold happiness hostage, this is what I'd keep:



*Memories of driving to cokeville!


(The chance that I'll never drive again? Likely.)

* Good lookin' Cowboys & being Indians in the parade!


*Going to dances alone.  Leaving the dance together.
                   
*My first 5K, in the name of David Dayton

*My baby sister calls me, "sweetie pie"

*Visiting USU with my very greatest friend.

*Hiking the Y



*Finding an antiques shop

*Finding all 4 seasons of the OC at said antiques shop.


 *Buying vintage lipstick.. vintage as in old.


The best part being that it looks like this:


*If only you could tell how BRIGHT it is.

*sitting in Bree's garage with them thinking, "Dang, in 16 days all my friends will be off to real life" & "Dang, I'm going to miss this, I'm going to miss them."
  
*cowboys & aliens @ 12:00, did you catch the rave reviews?

*Letters from (honest, beautiful, friendly, fantastic, genuine, happy) strangers.

*Campfires.

*Rainy Summers & apricot trees

*my momma.

*Balloons!!


*Clean sheets.. mmmmm.

*FB Reborn

*Nathan, Jacob, Bronson, Alisha, Morgan, Sarah, Dylan, Nate, Devan, Leah, Josh.  New Friends.

*The Kooks & Coconut Records

*2 AM FB chats & fantastic books.`

* & Seth Cohen, praise the heavens for Seth Cohen.
 [Edit] Praise Warner Brothers for Seth Cohen.



Challenge #4:

Do yourself a favor and save all your smiles the best you can; make yourself a happy box. 


-Linds

1 comment:

  1. Linds..... I love you! You are amazing, I am so glad I started reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete