Pages

3.14.2012

Mine.



“This place where you are right now,
 God circled on a map for you.”
-Hafiz



 And I think about that park, way up on the hill.  About my little red truck with the leaky roof occupying its one lonely stall. How, it was there, on that rainy October day, pleading with me to stop and to notice that fantastic sky.  It wasn’t there to whisper vain promises but to assure me that if I’d just look up for a moment, I’d feel the light again.  And that little bit of light I found, at that little park, way up on the hill, was all it took, and I saw the love again.

And I think about walking down that empty hall today, with an arm wrapped so tightly around the sides of my two greatest friends.  And as we walk, I am reminded of that warm summer night, seven months ago.  The night we sat together on her roof, protecting each other from the cool breeze of the night.  Even then, I had them locked there beside me.  And that’s where they’ve been ever since.  And as we walk, together, I think to myself, How lucky is it that God made me to fit perfectly between the two of you? 

And I think about the library, and my front porch, and that stool I’ve claimed in his kitchen. I think about the ’tramp of secrets’ and her bedroom and that corner in Van Dijk’s class where we used to sit. I think about the sunflower field. 

And never once have I looked down to check for certain, but looking back on it now, I could have sworn there was a circle labeled, “for my Lindsey” lying there beneath my feet. 




-Linds

2 comments:

  1. you are a beautiful writer. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear linds,

    i am quite the fan of your blog! you are a brilliant writer and i look forward to reading more of your posts!! i lava it!

    {just} sara

    ReplyDelete