Pages

11.03.2012

Ten.






11-1-12


My life is new here.  
I don’t think I ever told you that. 

It’s full of midnight talks and afternoon naps and yellow leaves outside my window.  It’s full of phone calls and surprise visits and a lot of looking up.  

Sometimes there are tears, but we try to make them happy ones. 

You find new people every where you go.  
Life’s funny that way.  

Some teach you about love, and some teach you how to fill up your gas tank.  Some teach you to be kind, some teach you to be brave, and some teach you how to stand up for yourself.  

There are new people here too.  There are new relationships, and new love, and new lessons to be found.  I’m just not sure where yet.

I like the grass here.  I like the trees too.  I like that I can look at the mountains as I walk in the morning, and I like that some people here have never seen the snow.  

My life is new here.
I think you probably already know.

It’s full of soccer games and late night runs and afternoons spent praying on the bathroom floor.  It’s full of new people and old people, and a lot of looking for the moon.   

My heart is in a lot of places now.  It’s on our hill, and it’s in your voice, and it’s stuck with those yellow leaves outside my window.  

And it’s still new somedays, 
and it’s anxious sometimes, 

but it’s happy here.  


-Linds.


2 comments: