Pages

2.11.2013

the view from upstairs


Did I mention there’s a window here?
There’s a window and a tree.  

And it really is the most wonderful thing.  

Sometimes I lie with an open window late into the night.  I turn out the lights, and I look up at the sky.  It’s dark, and it’s wonderful, and it even feels like home sometimes.  Mostly because God’s there.  

Sometimes I talk to Him too.  I ask Him to say all of the things that I can’t right now.  I ask Him to listen.  Mostly I try and say thank you, though, and that’s mostly because He loves me.  And I’m thankful for that.

Sometimes I look up through my tree just to find the moon.  I always do, and I always smile.  Mostly because life really is the most wonderful thing, and the moon has always reminded me of that.

-Linds






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this window, and the conversations we have looking out it. I miss your stories and our dance parties. I miss you Lindsey!
    I love going back and reading this blog, It makes me remember it in a way I could never express. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete