Pages

1.26.2011

BLOOD DRIVE

Today was the day I was going to donate my blood to the.. Bloodless? I have been looking forward to this all week, I didn't even forge my sisters signature on the blood donning consent form ha ha. So at lunch I go into the media center and spend approximately twenty minutes filling out all the medical and personal questions. At this point I'm feelin' pretty good. A lady comes and checks my answers and I pass! As a reward she pricks my finger and tells me to hold still as she checks my blood pressure. Once again I pass, ON TO THE NEXT LEVEL!! I go over to the blood stations and I meet a young fellow from Georgia. The lady that took my blood pressure says to me "Don't you worry, Marcelo here is gonna take good care of yah!" ha call me crazy but that did not give me much comfort at all.. I sit in this odd reclining chair that goes all the way horizontal and he stretches the elastic band and raps it around my arm. He puts the disinfectant on.. no.. more like DUMPS the disinfectant on my arm and we sit and wait ten minutes for it to dry.. amateur.. He then says "This would be a good  time to look away if you want." So as i look away i feel the needle go in and I'm like FINALLY!.. Then i look down at the blood contain bag and theres no blood in it and I hear Marcelo say "Uhhh Kathy?".. Some other lady takes the needle while its still in my arm and is just fishing around in my arm trying to skewer a vein. Then all of a sudden my arm starts to swell and she rips the needle out and says "WHOOPS" uhhh what do you mean whoops?! "Looks like you got a hematoma (blood leaks out of your vein into your muscle), I'm not gonna lie they hurt. Sorry. Odds are it wont happen again so we can try your other arm or call it quits." "Well I came to donate, might as well!" I switch to my other arm and again Marcelo does the sanitizing and the elastic then he tells me to look away again.. "Uhhh.. Kathy?" You're kidding me right?! ha ha by then i knew that it was over.. By that time 4th period had started and when I walked into chemistry with my arms all wrapped up and an ice pack Lindsey starts busting ha ha! Ohhh I didn't get to donate, but at least I got a free shirt.. That says I DONATED ha ha ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment