Pages

4.28.2011

double take








"Today is it.
are you living your life?
With passion, conviction, and pure joy?
What about love?
Do you seek it out? Do you believe
and soak it in?
Take the time now to breathe
and wonder,
and feel, 
and rethink your life.
Your dreams.
You."

Life is a bit of a downer sometimes.And sometimes I feel like I'm just running and running and scrambling just to find my shoes in the morning. and as dumb as it sounds sometimes I forget to think.

 For the past little bit I haven't been doing things quite right.I haven't been "self aware" as one of my friends puts it.

Well, I've been thinking 
and I've started to rethink some things.
And I've come to a conclusion:

I am going change.

I'm no longer going to live my life with my eyes closed.
I want to be someone.  I'm not entirely sure who that person is yet either.  But I do know some qualities I would like to possess.
I'm currently working on it: the drift.  Not my usual definition for the term, but rather a drift from me to something better.  I want to be someone.  I want to be someone who has a honest, sincere, joyful heart.
And I am going to change. 
And then I thought no better place to start this journey then the infamous World Wide Web.  So every week, or however so often, I'm going to make a challenge for the world and me.  Or the nine of you that read this blog. 

In hopes I become a bit better.
In hopes I become someone with a bit more joy.
In hopes my heart will change.

Join me?
I dare you.


-Linds



Psalms 17:15

No comments:

Post a Comment