Pages

5.30.2011

Here comes the sun (do do do do)




Its been raining, again,
which means damp seats and flat hair. 
But with these summer showers, soggy socks, and muggy fires, I've learned something.

I've learned that city parks are much better when equipped with slip n' slides.
I've learned that falling asleep to the sound of rain drops makes for the most beautiful dreams.
I've learned that school supplies are always flammable, even amidst the drizzle.
I've learned that I should have mentioned rain boots on my birthday list
and I've learned that the sun doesn't always shine.

which I hate to say because who wants bad days?
but the good news is, there are great things to come once this has passed. 

and guess what, there's even better news; there are great things to come today, too.

Push those clouds aside, the lights down there somewhere.  I get it now, and it's ashinin'. 

2 comments:

  1. i like your style of writing. very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have no idea how much that means to me, considering i abesolutely adore your writing.

    You just made my day, times two.

    ReplyDelete