Pages

5.10.2011

double take






Today I went to the library to study.
I'm trying to be a bit more responsible and disciplined.  I'm trying to really learn... well amidst my attempt at accomplishing something my focus was skewed and I found myself at a park high on the hill.

I just sat and thought.  No particular inspirations came to mind. But a miracle did occure. 
I could actually hear the birds chirping and dogs barking. 
I saw little girls wishing on dandelions. 
I could see the light reflecting on the lake miles away. 
I could see the stream of cars moving steadily. 
I watched the clouds.  I smelt the clean air. 
And I noticed.  I noticed those gorgeous mountains. 
Those same mountains that have surronded and watched over me for my miniscule 17 years compared to their thousands of millions.  
I finally noticed something I've lacked to see my whole life. 
 My perspective changed because I took the time to notice something that was so obviously placed before my eyes.  

But, It doesn't matter how obviously something is positioned if you don't have the right eyes to see it.    

So, I was thinking maybe my first challeng to you is to take a second look.  It's time we humble ourselves and realize there is much more to be learned about this world.  It's time we open our eyes not just to look but to really see.  

This week let's open our eyes to the world.  Without judgements, or stereotypes, or pre-concieved notions.  Let's stop the biased reasoning and open our minds to see honestly.

Whether it's a place, yourself, or the boy who sits alone at school, I challenge you to take a second look.  I challenge you to have the courage to see the world honestly, to see people honestly. 

Change opinions, Cross boarders, Be honest!

Too often we jump to conclusions and the only thing that comes from it is limited opportunities.  Whether it's the chance to make a friend or learn something new.  Too often we let others see for us.

I'm sick of other people deciding what I think for me.  I'll make my own decisions, thanks.    


The world isn't as black and white as they make it seem.  
Have the courage to take a second look. 


-Linds.

Oh, and I really like this.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment