Pages

10.13.2011

At ten fifty-nine in the evening




 




Today I sat down to write a letter to a complete stranger about a day I consider to have changed my entire life.
I sat in my pretty yellow chair.
I sat on my soft brown carpet.
I sat on the porch outside my house, and I listened to the birds.
And I sat for hours trying to figure out how on earth I could make her understand why that one moment was so vital to who W am today.  And I finally pinpointed it to one day, one moment, one prayer, but the truth is, it was so my more than that. 

It was the little voice telling me I had to get out before the prayer and it was the little voice telling me I had to get in even before that.  And it was every scary movie, and walk to Macey's, and hurt feeling before that.  The point is, there's every moment before the big one.  Everything is leading to something else.  A moment doesn't define you, a million little moments do.

So maybe today, when I heard those girls making fun of that nice boy in English class, I was supposed to hear something else too.  Maybe I was supposed to hear god saying, you should try to be a little kinder.  Maybe I heard those things so my heart would be a little softer towards the strangers I meet tomorrow.

And maybe it really wasn't just chance in ninth grade that I told that girl standing behind me that I liked her shoes.  Maybe that little voice in my head that told me to say it knew that she'd lead me somewhere beautiful.  I'm prettty sure He knew that we'd be friends. 

And maybe the same thing will happen with the girl I'll compliment tomorrow.

And Even though it's hard, and even though I'm scared, maybe the key is believing that it's all in hopes of a better tomorrow.  Maybe I cried yesterday so I could see what was really so important about today.  And maybe there's just something left that I still need to learn, and maybe this is happening because God loves me enough to teach me.

You have to believe that everything happens right on time.  Today, right now, this moment, is for you.  Nothing is an acciedent.  There is no such thing as coincidence.  You are here, right now.  Your life is changing, today.  You'll have hard times and bad days and you'll be better because of them.  


"Your journey has molded you for the greater good.  It was exactly what it needed to be.  Don't think you've lost time.  It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now, and now is right on time."
              -Asha Tyson





Tik Tock?

-Linds

   

No comments:

Post a Comment