Pages

10.01.2011

Whole.






"I want to believe that, in a city of nearly three million people, there has to be someone else who sees the world in the beautiful way that I do."  (Postsecret.com) ^^^^^

Well, I do; I see it.

I see the crazy hair and the sunflowers and the girl reading alone in the library.  I hear the birds and the laughter and the telephone ringing.  I see the trash on the corner and I smell the freshly cut grass.  I lay in the fields and i look at the stars, and I see it.  

I see the weeds growing through the sidewalk cracks and I feel a little sad for them and I guess it's because I know what it's like to feel unwanted.  And in their will to flourish, I see it.

I see the railroad tracks and I hear the bicycle wheels as they turn down my little street past my little house.  I smell the cornbread that I sometimes make on Sundays and I smile at the texts that sometimes make me cry because they are so beautifully sincere.  And through their love, I see it.

I hear my sisters prayers and I feel the truth in that classroom as he talks about God.  I see the kindness in their faces and I see the gratitude in hers as they say she's been wonderful.  And I see it in her tears as they fall.

I get angry when I hear them whisper but then I smile because it may just be that God is trying to teach me something.  Then tears fill my eyes as gratitude fills my heart when I remember those people who've changed me.  And it's in their eyes that I see it. 

And my heart changes shape as I think of you and my eyes widen as I watch that little girl touch her hand gently and my ears lingre a little longer on the I love you's.  Every moment I realize His love a little more fully and everything I see becomes a little more clear.

And I want to shout, "I do. I see it."

I see God's hand as I look to the mountains and I hear His voice in your advice. 

I see it, and I realize that there's something beautiful about an imperfect world, and I realize that maybe things aren't always supposed to go as planned. 

And maybe life can be beautiful without being perfect. 

2 comments: