Pages

12.21.2011

happy endings.



It's funny how much you can see in a person's eyes, once you really stop and look.  The love is there, I've seen it.  It's that moment when they smile and you  see a little bit of light spill out around the edges.  It's their favorite song and giving up half of their peanut butter and honey sandwich for you. It's laughter, and it's jamocha shakes from Arby's. 

It's love, and I've seen it.

And it's hard to look into the empty eyes of someone you used to know.  It's hard to look just to see that all the light has gone, taking with it a little bit of yours, too.  And every time you look back you'll see what's missing again, and it's hard to believe that you'll ever get any of it back. It's that little place in your heart, that little piece of love, that will always be reserved for them.

It's hard today, and I'm not sure that it'll ever get any easier.    

Then I look to that picture taped to my wall because all we can do now is love and wait and hope that maybe one day we'll have the chance to help somebody.

Yes, for now, I'll just wait and pray,
                        "Come back home, please."


-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment