Pages

12.13.2011

I Really Can't Stay.


                                          


                                    


I sit in sacrament, and I watch the first snow fall, 
and all I really want to do is go and touch the cold glass. 
I want my fingers to freeze and I want to see my breathe; it makes me feel a little more alive. 
I want to pray, and I want to really feel something. 
I want to feel the goose bumps on my arms and the snowflakes on my eyelashes. 
I want to watch the earth and the snow covered trees.

And I'll sit, and I'll feel, and I'll love. 
Because there's something about the seasons changing that really gets to me. 
Especially this one, because this time it's not so much about me, but Him. 
And we have the next twelve days to give to Him,
and I'm so grateful for that.

And I hope that everytime your socks are wet from the puddles of lost snowflakes, that you'll remember Him. 
I hope that every present you wrap and every light you see, inspires you to be better for Him.  
I hope that you'll drink hot chocolate with your best friends and that you'll be happy while doing it, because that's exactly what He would hope for you, too.

And I hope that you'll remember Christ this Christmas.

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment