Pages

12.06.2011

Two Cents.



    



     Life is about living, and living entails happiness and sadness and joy and work.  Sometimes I forget the purpose, though, and I think to myself that it's just too hard.  Life is hard, and I think it again.  One day my mom heard my rantings and she laughed a little as she asked me this: Life is hard?  Do you really believe that? 

     She said it quietly, she said it slowly, and I thought.  It took a lot of years and a lot of questions before I realized that life isn't about being hard.  Life is simple, or it could be.  If we chose to smile, to work, to pray, to prioritize, it could be simple. 

      Let go of the things that aren't worth it.  Let go of the hurt feelings and let go of the people who put them there.  Let go and love.

      Do the things that matter, but don't mistake urgency for importance.  If you feel the inspiration, follow it, and if you find someone who needs love, give it.  Some days there are papers to be written and math problems to be solved, but I've found that when you make time running errands for God, He makes time for everything else.

      Live deliberately with love, with strength, with compassion, and everything else will fall into place.  There are bad things, and scary things, and hard things, but He can make them easier.

      Make today worth living.  Do something to make yourself better, happier, stronger.  Be aware and live today with a deliberate purpose and desire to grow.  And as you do you'll find love and joy and a new confidence in yourself.  You'll realize that there are some things that only you can do, some people who only you can bless.  And when you find that new love for yourself, life becomes easier.  It becomes an opportunity to serve and grow.  It becomes happiness, and everything else will work out.  

-Linds

1 comment: